Is it good to hire and pay my freelancer direct or through a website? This question makes the businesses wandering. You might think that hiring and paying freelancers directly is the way to go, but in fact, there are plenty of reasons why hiring and paying a freelancer through a website can be better than going through direct channels. In this article, I’ll explain what hiring and paying a freelancer on a freelance site can do for you.
The Pros of Working Directly with freelancers
Working directly with your freelancers is great because;
- You don’t have to wait for payments to go through.
- You don’t need bidding as in the case of the freelance marketplace.
- On top of that, there are fewer fees involved when you pay your freelancers in cash.
The cons of working directly with freelancers
- You make have less choice to hire people.
- You would be less confident about the directly hired person.
- You might not know about a freelancer’s previous experience.
- You might miss out on some talented applicants.
The Pros of working through websites with freelancers
- You get all kinds of people from all over responding to your job postings.
- These allow you to view what freelancers charge and their experience level.
- It’s easy to hire and pay freelancers through their profiles.
The cons of Hiring through websites with freelancers
- There may be less transparency with some platforms.
- Freelance Marketplaces charge their fee from the amount you give.
- You may be asked to provide your Tax information.
Top Websites for Finding Freelancers
Top websites for finding freelancers include;
- 99 Design
- People per Hour
How to Decide Which Option is best for you?
Here are some things you should consider before hiring a freelancer,
- If it’s one-off tasks like writing posts, hire directly. But if you need complex services like web development, hiring through websites.
- Paying freelancer directly is better for small projects but if you are working on a large project, use an online platform.
Is it good to hire and pay my freelancer directly or through a website? You would be wondering which option is best. Both of these methods have their own pros and cons. But in my opinion, hiring and paying a freelancer through the platform is a better and more secure way. So, visit a freelance Marketplace to hire talent for your business.